BESST-HORT is a Technology Business Incubator of ICAR-IIHR (Indian Institute of Horticultural Research).
BESST-HORT has been Catalysed and Supported by NSTEDB Division, DST, GoI, New Delhi.
- Technology Sourcing
- Incubation Facility
- Co-Working space (Office)
- Technology Mentoring
- Business Mentoring
- Networking Support
- Market Linkage
BESST-HORT is hosted by ICAR-Indian Institute of Horticultural Research, Hesaraghatta, Bengaluru. ICAR – IIHR is the first horticultural research institute in the country under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), established in 5th September 1967.
The Institute has a sprawling campus spread in 650 acres. It has one regional research station at Bhubaneshwar, Odisha. It also has two KVK’s one at Gonikoppal, Kodagu, Karnataka and another at Hirehalli in Tumkur district, Karnataka.
BESST-HORT promotes incubation in
Seed and Planting Material
Plant Health Management Technologies
Biotechnological products & Services
Farm Implements and Machineries
Horticulture/ Agriculture related IOT and other related service industries
Making Horticultural Farming an Enterprise
Facilitate Blooming of start-ups in the field of horticulture
- Attract the youth to horticulture through capacity building and entrepreneurship development.
- Arrange for transfer of technology from ICAR-IIHR and other ICAR Institutes in the domain of horticulture and allied fields.
- Provide On-site and Off-site Technology incubation facility to scale up production.
- Provide mentorship (technical and business) and hand holding to the budding entrepreneurs.
- Help enterprise building through acceleration, investment and market linkage.
Dr M R Dinesh
Director of ICAR – IIHR
Dr. Prakash Patil
Project Coordinator, AICRP (Fruits)
Dr. T S Aghora
Principal Scientist, Division of Vegetable Crops
Dr. C K Narayana
CEO & General Secretary
Principal Scientist, Division of PHT & Agri Eng