BESST-HORT is a Technology Business Incubator of ICAR-IIHR, which facilitates entrepreneurs in the incubation & promotion of start-ups.
- Tech Licensing
- Tech Development
- Tech Improvisation
- Open Lab of Ideation
- Proof of Concept
- Business Mentorship
- Scaling Up
- Marketing Strategy
Advise on –
- Intellectual property
- Should be an ICAR-IIHR Technology licensee.
- ₹ 10,000/- is the annual membership fee. The member will be provided manufacturing facility & office space for 6 months to start-up their venture.
- The scientific guidance for scaling up will be provided for the licensee.
- Members can avail mentorship from any of the business/technology mentors accessible to BESST-HORT to remove bottlenecks if any. The charges for mentorship will be decided on a case to case basis, based on time of mentor involved.
- Women-owned enterprises are eligible for 50% discount on the membership fees of BESST-HORT.
Present On-site Incubatees
Founded by Mr.Bharat Naik from Koppal, Karnataka, is a licensee of Arka Microbial Consortium and the micronutrient formulation- Arka Vegetable Special, from ICAR-IIHR.
Founded by Dr. S.Srinivas, a Veterinarian, Pragathi Organics is a licensee of Arka Microbial Consortium from ICAR-IIHR.
- Any start-up organization venture/ enterprise working in the field related to horticulture is eligible to apply. The technology could from ICAR-IIHR or any other institute or their own innovation.
- ₹ 10,000/- is the annual membership fee. The members can avail mentorship from any of the business/ technology mentors accessible to BESST-HORT. The charges for mentorship will be decided on a case to case basis, depending upon the time of mentor involved.
- Women-owned enterprises are eligible for 50% discount on the membership fees of BESST HORT.
Present Off-site Incubatees
Zentron Labs Pvt Ltd.
Founded by Alumni of IITM, Zentron developed fruit grading machines and are now involved in developing non-destructive quality measurement instruments.
Zentron Labs was selected as a successful Indian Start-up for Indo-Brazil Agritech Cross border start-up program by Government of India.
Nidhi Food Products
One of the largest chocolate manufacturers in the Cooperative segment, CAMPCO is an off-site incubatee of ICAR-IIHR for developing innovative processed products involving cocoa and fruits.
Cocowing from Shoppers Wing
Founded by a woman Entrepreneur – Smt. Vandita Tiwari, Cocowing is an off-site incubatee of BESST-HORT and active in developing fermented cocopeat based products and has won international recognition for its work.
Wolkus Technology Solutions Pvt Ltd.
Fasal an agri-tech platform, developed by Wolkus Technology Solutions, is an AI-powered platform for agriculture ecosystem that records a variety of growing conditions on the farm using IT & AI technologies.
Natura Crop Care
Individual Members of BESST-HORT
(Ideation to Proof of Concept)
- Any Indian citizen interested in the field related to horticulture is eligible.
- ₹ 5,000/- is the annual membership fee.
- The members under this module can avail mentorship from any of the business/ technology mentors accessible to BESST-HORT, for converting their own idea into proof of concept on scientific basis and then to a Start-up.
- The charges for mentorship will be decided on case to case basis, depending on the time of the mentor involved.
- Women members are eligible for 50% discount on the membership fees of BESST HORT.